In light of the current poor inspection results hitting the news recently, we decided to take a look at some of the important attributes that contribute to a great care home:
- Feeling safe is key to any good care home. Both from a security point of view but also in feeling safe and cared for by the staff.
- The culture behind closed doors of management is crucial, as the fundamentals of integrity; honesty and mutual respect will filter down into every aspect of the daily running of the care home.
- Good care homes focus on relationships and people and never allow bureaucracy to become their main purpose.
- They are welcoming places to visit; they support and are supported by their local community.
- Relatives are confident in the values of the care home.
We believe that retirement is about living; so wake up smiling and remember that it’s not the years in your life that count, it’s the life in your years.